Tom is a commercial litigator with experience acting on complex and high-value matters. Tom has particular experience in insurance, competition law, consumer class actions and regulatory investigations.
Tom holds Bachelor’s degrees in Law and Commerce (Economics and Finance) from the University of Canterbury, New Zealand and is admitted to practice as a solicitor in New South Wales, Australia. Since qualifying, Tom has practised at a specialist litigation firm in Auckland, New Zealand and at a leading National Firm, Gilbert + Tobin, in Sydney, Australia. Tom joined Enyo Law in June 2023.
- Acting on behalf of consumers of defective Toyota diesel vehicles, securing the largest judgment in Australian history in a class action against Toyota Motor Corporation
- Acting for a leading global independent fuel station and convenience retailer in Supreme and Federal Court proceedings in Australia against one of Australia’s largest fuel suppliers, relating to the terms of the fuel supplier’s exclusive supply of fuel in Australia
- Acting for BlueScope Limited in relation to proceedings commenced by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission alleging attempts to induce cartel conduct
- Acting for a global car parking provider in response to a New Zealand Commerce Commission investigation and subsequent proceeding for alleged anti-competitive behaviour
- Acting for Callaghan Innovation, a New Zealand Government agency, in the successful defence of a contractual and statutory duties claim against it by Trends Publishing International Limited