Liam is a commercial disputes lawyer with cross-sector experience acting for sovereign states and major global corporations in complex proceedings, often with cross-jurisdictional elements. Liam also has experience advising on white collar crime and sanctions issues.
- Liam holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Bachelor of Arts (Major in History) from the University of Queensland. Liam began practice in 2019 with DLA Piper in Australia, during which time he completed a six-month secondment to the firm’s Dublin office. Liam subsequently worked at Allens Linklaters in Sydney, Australia prior to joining Enyo Law in September 2023.
- Acting for the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste and the Electricity Department of Timor-Leste in the Supreme Court of Victoria and High Court of Australia in relation to a multi-million-dollar oil supply dispute following ICSID proceedings.
- Acting for the Securities and Exchange Board of India in the Federal Court of Australia in respect of a recovery action arising from one of the largest Ponzi schemes in history.
- Advising numerous domestic and international blue-chip companies in relation to newly implemented global sanctions regimes.
- In-house secondment at Uber Australia, project managing defence of class-action brought by taxi industry.
- Acting for one of Australia’s largest casinos in defence of a shareholder class action brought in relation to alleged misleading and deceptive statements relating to its compliance with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing laws.
- Advising Australia’s leading renewable energy development and storage investment company on a project dispute and shareholder oppression claim.
- Acting for a multinational commercial real-estate company and its agents in a multi-million dollar misleading and deceptive conduct claim in the Supreme Court of Queensland.