Leonie’s practice focuses on international commercial and treaty arbitration and litigation. She represents a wide variety of clients including banks, multinationals and high-net worth individuals in disputes across a range of sectors, including in particular energy, oil & gas and financial services. She has particular experience with matters involving fraud, asset tracing and enforcement. Leonie is a native Italian speaker and has often worked with Italian speaking clients.
Leonie graduated with a first-class degree in Law from the University of Reading, receiving two prizes for outstanding academic performance. She completed the Legal Practice Course (LPC) at BPP, graduating top of her year and receiving the Highest Performing Professional at BBP Holborn Campus prize.
Prior to joining Enyo in September 2023, Leonie worked for five years at Jones Day London, where she trained for two years before qualifying into the firm’s global disputes practice.
Leonie participates actively in the international arbitration community and is a member of the London Court of International Arbitration Young International Arbitration Group (LCIA YIAG), London Very Young Arbitration Practitioners (LVYAP), Young Mute-Off Thursdays and Young ICCA.
- Represented a global publicly listed energy company in defending a USD multi-million London-seated LCIA arbitration under English law involving claims for breach of contract and counterclaims for unpaid invoices relating to the hire of an FPSO vessel and related services in Brazil.
- Represented a US-based leading multinational conglomerate in defending a Paris-seated ICC arbitration under Italian law relating to the sale of an Italian company.
- Advised a leading publicly listed US energy company on the merits of initiating a London-seated ICC arbitration under a joint venture agreement relating to performance of high-profile US government contracts in the Middle East.
- Federal Elektrik Yatırım ve Ticaret A.Ş. and others v. Republic of Uzbekistan (ICSID Case No. ARB/13/9): represented the Claimant investors in connection with their claims under the Energy Charter Treaty and the Turkey-Uzbekistan BIT.
- Commercial Bank of Dubai PSC v. Al Qebaisi & ors (Commercial Court, 2020-21): represented the Claimant bank in a Part 8 claim in the English court for a freezing order and other relief against two high-net worth Emirati individuals connected with the NMC Health group collapse in support of foreign proceedings in the UAE worth c.GBP 200 million.
- Advised a global bank in relation to the enforcement in England of an Australian judgment against insolvent English respondents in connection with a c.AUD 113 million multijurisdictional fraud.
- Represented a leading multinational in relation to a c.USD 270 million fraud and asset tracing against multiple respondents in different jurisdictions.
- Glencore Energy UK Ltd v. Fueltrade Ltd: represented the claimant in a Part 7 claim in the English court for c.USD 60 million in debt and breach of contract in respect of the sale of petroleum products in Africa.
- DB Symmetry Ltd and another v. Swindon Borough Council (UK Supreme Court, 2022): represented the successful developer, DB Symmetry, in proceedings in the UK Supreme Court, English Court of Appeal and English High Court relating to the lawfulness of a planning condition requiring the grant of public rights of way over land.