Konrad’s practice focuses on international commercial litigation and arbitration and cross-jurisdictional fraud disputes. He has over 15 years’ experience in acting for a broad range of corporates, financial institutions and high-net worth individuals on civil fraud, banking, shareholder and insurance matters. Konrad has particular expertise in Eastern Europe and Eurasia related disputes and has frequently acted in cases involving worldwide freezing orders, other interlocutory relief and enforcement measures.
Konrad is a barrister with full rights of audience and has acted as counsel in both Court hearings and across an array of arbitral institutions.
Konrad is ranked as a Next Generation Partner in Civil Fraud in Legal 500 2022 and 2023 (“hugely intelligent and incredibly hardworking. He is a pleasure to work with and is very committed to getting excellent results for his clients”). He is also recommended for International Arbitration in Legal 500, 2023 (“an exceptional partner who is building a very strong reputation”) and has been recommended in directories for Commercial Litigation.
Konrad holds an MA in Jurisprudence (first class honours) and a Bachelor of Civil Law from the University of Oxford. After training in chambers and spending two Court terms as a Judicial Clerk in the Court of Appeal, Konrad practised at US international law firms, latterly as Counsel at Boies Schiller Flexner (UK) LLP, before joining Enyo Law as a partner in February 2018.
- Angophora Holdings -v- Ovsyankin et al  EWHC 3376 (Comm)
- PJSC Tatneft -v- Bogolyubov & Ors  EWHC 3225 (Comm)
- Pan African Minerals Ltd -v- Banco BTG Pactual SA & Ors  EWHC 2994 (Comm)
- Kazakhstan Kagazy Plc -v- Zhunus & Ors  EWHC 3374 (Comm)
- M&G -v- Hayfin & Ors  EWHC 1756 (Ch)
- Alliance Bank JSC -v- Zhunus & Ors  EWHC 714 (Comm)
- Kazakhstan Kagazy Plc -v- Arip  EWCA Civ 381
- Postova Banka a.s. -v- Hellenic Republic (ICSID Case No. ARB/13/8)
- Bank of New York Mellon (London Branch) -v- Truvo NV & Ors  EWHC 136 (Comm)
- Acting for a joint venture owned by major Russian and Italian Banks in a USD70 million LCIA arbitration claim against its co-partner arising out of breaches of a Shareholders' Agreement concerning the oil and gas sector in Russia.
- Acting for a Ukrainian businessman in his defence of claims brought against him by an oil company for approx. USD400 million and ancillary litigation.
- Advising a major creditor of Lehman Brothers International (Europe) in relation to its proof of debt and related claims in insolvency proceedings before the High Court.
- Acting for Holders of notes in relation to a multi-million pound unlawful means conspiracy claim in the Commercial Court against the Issuer of the notes.
- Acting for Holders of notes in a USD220 million enforcement dispute arising from a default on guaranteed secured notes, involving proceedings in the LCIA, Russia and Cyprus.
- Acting for shareholders of a bank against whom proceedings had been commenced alleging that it failed to disclose commissions paid to brokers in connection with the placement of certain mortgages.
- Acting for a third party in obtaining the discharge of a Third Party Debt Order of nearly GBP50 million.
- Advising the Hellenic Republic in relation to the contentious aspects of its EUR206 billion debt restructuring in 2012.
- Acting for the Republic of Argentina in a case concerning the seizure of a warship by creditors of Argentina in Ghana, which was subsequently released.
- Speaker, "Foreign Lawyers and Privilege" English Law Week, November 2021
- Speaker, "Chabra Injunctions" Ekaterinburg Law Day, March 2021
- Speaker, "Anti-suit injunctions" English Law Week, November 2020
- Speaker, "Updates in Jurisdiction", British-Russian Law Association, May 2018
- Speaker, "Enforceability of LCIA Awards", English Law Summit Kazakhstan, April 2018
- Speaker, “Interim measures in support of Foreign Proceedings”, English-Cypriot Law day, September 2017.
- Speaker, “Recast Brussels Regulation”, English-Cypriot Law Day, June 2016.
- Co-author of “Hague Convention on Choice of Court Agreements”, Business Law Review, February 2016.
- Co-author of “Sham Trusts”, Trust and Trustees Journal, December 2015.
- Speaker, “UK Corporate Governance”, English Law Week, Moscow, December 2015.
- Co-author of “Trust Structures under English Law”, Legal Insight, September 2015.
- Co-author of “Tael One Partners: Contractual Interpretation as an iterative process”, Journal of Business Law, August 2015.
- Speaker on International Arbitration at “Bar Council International Arbitration and Corporate Governance Seminar” in Astana, Kazakhstan, April 2015.
- Co-author of “Challenging the Bail In”, Banking Law Journal, July/August 2014.