Jonas has experience of handling complex and high-value international commercial and investment arbitration, with a particular focus on construction, aviation, and energy disputes. He also has experience in commercial litigation.
Jonas read Law at Assas-Paris II University, graduating with a distinction, and then completed a Master’s degree in International Private Law and International Commercial Law from Sorbonne-Paris I University. As part of his Master’s degree, Jonas studied Law at University College London.
After two years practising in Paris as a trainee associate at a leading arbitration law firm, Jonas joined Enyo Law in June 2017.
Jonas qualified as a French lawyer in November 2017 and qualified as a Solicitor of England & Wales in May 2020.
Jonas is fluent in both English and French.
Jonas is a member of: the ICC Young Arbitrator Forum (ICC YAF), the London Court of International Arbitration Young International Arbitration Group (LCIA YIAG), the Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration (Young ICCA), the Young Singapore International Arbitration Centre (YSIAC), and the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC).
- Acting for a Dutch group against another European group regarding the breach of a joint venture agreement concerning a major infrastructural project in a politically volatile region.
- Acting for an investor against a South Caucasus state regarding allegations of the latter’s expropriation of the former's company and land.
- Acting for a mining company against a West African country in a claim involving allegations of breach of contract and expropriation.
- Acting for a leading French company active in the defence industry in an international commercial arbitration case against its major furnisher for breach of contract.
- Acting for a company subjected to freezing orders in insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Section 18 of the Arbitration Act, How and When to Use It? - Silver Dry Bulk Co Ltd (Claimant) -v- Homer Hulbert Maritime Co Ltd (Respondent) (Kluwer Arbitration Blog, 13 January 2017)
- Commentary of Paris Court of Appeal (Pôle 1 – Chambre 1 - n°15/01650 – Republic of Kirgizstan v Valeriy Belokon) (LexisNexis Arbitration PSL, 21 February 2017)
- 'Worldwide freezing order. Dissipation. Assets. Enforcement. Extraterritoriality. Injunctions. England. Arbitration act 1996. Great Station Properties S.A., Inter Growth Investments Limited -v- UMS Holding Limited, Energy Standard Fund Limited, Energy Standard Industries Limited' (15 Revista Brasileira de Arbitragem, Issue 58, pp. 164–180, 2018).