George has experience in a broad range of commercial litigation, with a focus on complex corporate, contractual, property and civil fraud disputes.
George holds a Bachelor of Laws with Honours (First Class) from Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. He was admitted in New Zealand in 2018.
George initially practised for two years in the litigation department of a nationwide New Zealand firm, then for over three years as a junior barrister at one of New Zealand’s leading sets. During that time, George regularly appeared in the New Zealand Courts, and at arbitrations and mediations, both as junior and sole counsel.
George joined Enyo in October 2023.
- healthAlliance N.Z. Ltd v Hewlett Packard New Zealand & Ors  NZHC 1201 – junior counsel
- Soft Technology JR Ltd v Jones Lang Lasalle Ltd (2022) 23 NZCPR 517;  NZCA 353 – junior counsel
- Prestige Motors Ltd v My Trustee Co Ltd (2021) 22 NZCPR 45;  NZHC 237 (and related judgments) – sole counsel
- Mountfort v Cheam  NZHC 1535 – sole counsel
- GRP Holdings Ltd v VP Nominees Ltd (2021) 21 NZCPR 915;  NZHC 545 (and related judgments) – junior counsel
- Fruit Shippers Ltd v Petrie & Anor  NZHC 749 – junior counsel
- CP Group Ltd & Ors v Auckland Council  NZHC 89 – junior counsel
Other recent cases
- Acted for a group of investors against a failed finance company in proceedings to recover funds and unwind a series of complex securities contracts and trust structures.
- Acted for participants in an international file-sharing company alleged to have engaged in a fraudulent conspiracy to dilute a minority shareholder’s interest, through a series of complex capital raises and share swaps.
- Acted for a prominent New Zealand businessman in proceedings to trace and recover significant assets misappropriated by a defendant based in the Middle East and Africa.
- Acted for the majority shareholders in a mineral extraction company, successfully obtaining defendant’s summary judgment (on novel grounds) on claims of shareholder prejudice by a minority shareholder.
- Acted for a high-profile charitable organisation against its former solicitors in respect of negligent advice spanning several decades.
- Acted for a UK-listed company defending proceedings brought by its New York-listed joint venture partner over the alleged disclosure of confidential information relating to their New Zealand forestry business.
- Acted for a multinational technology and entertainment company following a significant data breach by a New Zealand-based hacker.