Dan has experience in complex multi-jurisdictional commercial and civil fraud disputes, and asset recovery and enforcement procedures. He has considerable expertise in litigation support and corporate investigations, with many years experience in business intelligence, and applies his investigative skills to his legal practice.
After joining Enyo Law in June 2015, for over five years Dan was the firm’s sole in-house business intelligence analyst, providing investigative litigation support to most of the firm’s big-ticket cases, including conducting complex multi-jurisdictional asset traces and fraud investigations, as well as retrieving and deploying evidence in Court. Previously, he worked for a Mayfair-based business intelligence and corporate investigations boutique. Dan completed his training contract with Enyo Law in September 2022.
- Acting for Gennadiy Bogolyubov in his defence of a series of claims brought by Ukraine’s largest commercial bank, PrivatBank, following its nationalisation in December 2016. PrivatBank alleges that the Bank’s former owners (Mr Bogolyubov and Mr Kolomoisky) orchestrated a fraudulent scheme to misappropriate USD5.5 billion from the Bank through a complex web of sham transactions.
- PJSC Tatneft -v- Bogolyubov & Ors  EWHC 411 (Comm)
- Acting in an HKIAC arbitration for an experienced cryptocurrency investor in relation to a claim against a cryptocurrency exchange for unpaid tokens in breach of their terms and conditions in regard to investment products.
- Assisting a large cryptocurrency exchange platform in its recovery of Bitcoin worth several millions of pounds following a fraud on the platform.
- Acting in dispute for a talent agency in relation to a claim against an actor for unpaid agency commissions. The matter settled.