Boris specializes in advising corporates and high net worth individuals in complex, high-value proceedings (High Court litigation and arbitration) often with cross-jurisdictional elements across a range of industry sectors, including financial services, natural resources and TMT.
He represents clients in arbitrations under various institutional rules, including LCIA, ICC, SIAC and CAS, as well as ad hoc proceedings. Boris also regularly advises on regulatory investigations and enforcement matters, as well as white collar crime and sanctions.
Clients say “Boris is a highly intelligent litigator, with good tactical sense and commercial judgment. He is also a pleasure to deal with” (Legal 500 UK, 2022).
Boris speaks English, Russian and German and has a long track record of advising clients from Central and Eastern Europe and Eurasia in relation to contentious issues.
Boris graduated from the London School of Economics & Political Science before training and qualifying at Herbert Smith Freehills LLP in London in 2008. Prior to joining Enyo Law in 2020, Boris also practised at Shearman & Sterling (London) LLP and Taylor Wessing LLP. He is a Solicitor Advocate.
- Advising a shareholder in an unfair prejudice petition in the English High Court concerning its shareholding in an Eastern European insurance company
- Advising two high net worth individuals in relation to an English High Court claim for possession/damages in relation to a valuable collection of oriental art and antiques
- Advising a set of Cypriot trustees in relation to a dispute between two Eastern European UHNW individuals concerning their interests in a global fertiliser business
- Acting on a Swiss seated arbitration in relation to licensing of sports rights
- Advising a middle eastern media company in relation to multiple SIAC, LCIA and DIFC proceedings concerning licensing of media rights
- Advising an Eastern European investor in relation to LCIA proceedings concerning a natural resources joint venture in Africa
- Advising an Eastern European JV shareholder in a LCIA arbitration concerning a natural resources engineering company focusing on the CIS market
- Representing an Eastern European fund in relation to fraud claims in the English High Court as well as linked proceedings in several offshore jurisdictions in Europe and the Caribbean
- Advising a high net worth individual in relation to breach of oral trust claims in several offshore jurisdictions in Europe and the Caribbean