Anna is a highly skilled disputes lawyer with extensive experience advising on the most significant commercial disputes, typically with an international dimension. Anna is experienced in international commercial arbitration, litigation proceedings in support of arbitration and commercial litigation cases and has particular expertise in cross-border disputes, including jurisdictional challenges and the management of parallel claims in multiple jurisdictions. Anna has been described by the legal directories as “outstanding” and “seriously impressive” and the service she provides as “exceptional.” Her clients have also described her as a “master tactician.” Anna was recently included in The Lawyer’s Hot 100.
Anna’s expertise extends across a range of different industries and arising out of bespoke and industry specific agreements. Anna has a particular interest in energy disputes, including oil and gas and renewable energy as well as disputes involving hedge and real estate funds. She is an astute litigator, acting for corporates, their senior management and individuals on complex and high profile commercial disputes. In the course of guiding her clients through the process of complex dispute resolution, she acts as a strategic adviser, assisting with and coordinating some of their most reputationally-sensitive matters in legal proceedings across the globe.
Anna read law at Cambridge University before qualifying with Herbert Smith LLP where she practised for a number of years. She worked at two other leading firms before joining Enyo Law LLP as a partner in 2012.
- A Far East oil and gas major on litigation and arbitration strategies relating to an US850 million investment in a Latin American oil field.
- A European multi-national in an ICC Arbitration with over USD2 billion in dispute concerning delays to a major commodities asset and associated JV issues.
- An online music streaming provider in an ICC arbitration against a production company over licences to distribute music content in the MENA Region.
- An oil major in relation to the enforcement of an arbitral award, which was the subject of set aside proceedings commenced in its national courts.
- An ultra high net worth individual in a Bilateral Investment Treaty claim concerning the alleged expropriation of a license for extracting coal.
- A leading South Asian construction group in relation to two parallel LCIA arbitrations relating to a joint venture for the construction of a USD500 million highway in a sub-Saharan African state.
- An EPC contractor on a USD200 million ICC dispute regarding the construction of a terminal in Tunisia.
- A Nigerian State regarding a multi-million dollar ICC arbitration concerning the Respondent’s failure to construct an airport as contracted.
- An international law firm in a high-profile dispute in the defence of claims of hacking, conspiracy and fraud.
- One of the largest wind energy companies in India on a complex jurisdictional dispute arising out of IP rights in a wind energy joint venture.
- Former investors in a hedge fund in relation to multi-jurisdictional claims for negligence, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
- A leading national commercial property developer in relation to a claim in professional negligence arising out of a complex real estate finance transaction.
- A leading US cloud computing provider in its response to claims following a cyber breach.
- An off-shore trust in relation to claims in breach of contract and professional negligence.
- A national bank of a Middle Eastern country in a jurisdictional dispute arising from a performance bond.
- A national logistics firm in fraudulent breach of warranty and professional negligence proceedings.
- A hedge fund regarding the theft of confidential information by a former LLP member including springboard injunctive relief.
- A real estate fund in relation to claims by a former investor.
- The Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile on various dispute resolution matters.
- Farhad Azima -v- RAKIA & Ors  EWHC 2018,  EWHC 790,  EWHC 1295
- Enercon & Wobben Properties -v- Enercon (India)  EWHC 4049 (Comm),  EWHC 335,  EWHC 3967 (Comm),  EWHC 3711 (Comm),  EWHC 689 (Comm)
- Capita Alternative Fund Services (Guernsey) Limited (2) Matrix-Securities Limited -v- Drivers Jonas (A firm)  EWCA Civ 1417
- Capita Alternative Fund Services (Guernsey) Limited (2) Matrix-Securities Limited -v- Drivers Jonas (a firm) –  EWHC 2336 (Comm)