Alex has a broad range of experience dealing with complex cross-border commercial and banking litigation, arbitration and investigations, with a particular focus on civil fraud and asset tracing disputes. Alex has worked for a variety of clients including large corporates, banks and individuals.
Alex read law at the University of Bristol before completing his LPC at the University of Law in Moorgate, London.
Alex completed his training contract at Allen & Overy LLP in London, which included a six month secondment to the firm’s Litigation team in Hong Kong. Following qualification, Alex spent four and a half years as an Associate in Allen & Overy’s Litigation & Investigations team in London, before joining Enyo Law in March 2021. Alex also completed a nine month client secondment in 2019/20 to BNP Paribas SA in London.
- The Republic of Mozambique -v- Credit Suisse International & Ors  EWHC 157,  EWHC 157
- Kazakhstan Kagazy PLC and Ors -v- Baglan Zhunus and Ors  EWHC 3059 (Comm),  EWHC 3374 (Comm),  EWHC 369 (Comm),  EWHC 2630 (Comm)
- Acted for a claimant corporate group in multi-jurisdictional enforcement action relating to a USD315 million fraud judgment against certain former shareholders, directors and related parties.
- Acted for an investment bank in its defence and counterclaim against an oil and gas company relating to repayment of USD700 million sukuk.
- Acted in LCIA arbitration and subsequent enforcement action arising out of large-scale, sophisticated art fraud.
- Acted for a private equity claimant in connection with fraudulent breach of warranty claim arising out of an SPA with the former shareholders.
- Acted in LCIA arbitration for a Middle Eastern bank alleging fraud and illegality.
- Acted for an investment bank in connection with a global anti-bribery and corruption investigation into historic hiring practices, and subsequent related employment disciplinary proceedings in London.
- Advised the estate of deceased Middle Eastern businessman sued for breach of fiduciary duty and fraudulent misrepresentation in a claim relating to a multibillion-pound telecoms venture.
- Acted for an individual in his successful defence in a criminal matter.
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association